In love
Since one week now I am the proud owner of a little cat! Or does it own me? I don't know, but fact is that last Tuesday after a particularly frustrating day at work I was sitting on my mini-sofa fulminating - as one does after a frustrating day at work. All of a sudden I hear a little voice ouside my house going "Mieew!". So I openend the back door and in walks this little cat who, showing no fear whatsoever, starts brushing against my legs and purrs, purrs, purrs. Irrisistable!

As you can see it is a grey tabby, with some ginger thrown in in various places. Most notably on its cute little face. It was quite skinny when it walked in that first night but I have been feeding it tuna and rice and minced beef and already it has put on quite a bit of weight. This is possibly also due to the fact that it has the ability to 'mieew' quite convincingly as if to say "I am the hungriest cat in the whole world - truely I am, even though you fed me only an hour ago!!!". I must admit I have no defense against this - apart from opening the fridge and getting out the tuna...
Apart from hungry and convincing it is also very, very affectionate. It is one of those "let me lie on your stomach and stroke me until my purring-device runs out of batteries or until your arm falls off - whichever comes first"- kind of cats. Again: I have no defense other than to oblige. I love it. So after we've been doing this for a while it looks like this - very happy indeed:

Its working title currently is Troeleke - because I thought it was a girl. But my sister tells me that when cats are this young (I guess it is approximately 12 weeks old) it is actually quite difficult to determine what sex they are. So the jury is still out on that one. I will keep you informed about any 'developments' and any name-changes that might imply.
2 Comments:
Hmmm! 'n Piemeltje is 'n piemeltje ook al ben je pas 'n week of 12!
Misschien heb ik daar toch iets laten liggen toen we het over de bij'tjes en de bloemetjes hadden.
Wat een schatje Caroline! Zo zie je maar weer: vrienden maak je altijd onverwacht.
Margret
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home