Monday, July 17, 2006

Half-way there

The journey has begun. After I left my house I stayed at my friend Marijn's house, who is on holiday in France with her family. It was great to have a couple of days in her lovely house to get myself (and the STUFF that I wanted to take with me) organised before I left for the airport. The farewells at the airport were short but truly sweet - and a bit teary obviously. Thanks everybody, for coming to see me off!

I am now at Singapore airport, reading my emails and writing this blog. Outside you can see the Qantas plane that will take me to Brisbane and then on to Vanuatu. The text on my T-shirt says "fresh" but unforntunately this no longer holds true for my face (see picture) or my armpits... Ah well, I am sure they will seat me next to some-one equally smelly for the rest of the trip.


While I am writing this post a lady is singing and playing the piano in the background, trying to drown out the sound of an indoor waterfall. I must say I don't feel like a development worker just yet...

1 Comments:

At 7:43 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Caroline,
I just worked out what you are up to and found the Blog business..... will let greg know so he can find out what you are up to. Dress looked lovely, you will get used to it.....

Take care - Cherie, Cairns, Australia. 07 4034 3692, 0417 650 584, our phone no's by the way

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home