Friday, July 06, 2007

No worries, mate

My two weeks in Sydney are nearly over. I must say it takes some getting used to this traveling business. The first week I was running around like a mad woman trying to see and do as much as I could every day. Not very relaxing. As a result the universe rewarded me with an old-fashioned cold that forced me to stay a whole day in bed on Sunday. Not much fun, especially at 29 A$ a pop. After this I have been taking it a lot easier and been feeling a lot better. Tonight I will have one of the highlights (I hope) of my stay here: attending a concert at the Sydney Opera House . Not an opera (which I detest and they are crazy expensive as well) but a Mahler symphony. I will be sitting in the cheap choir seats, so will bring earplugs just in case. Pop them in when the conductor isn't looking.

This weekend I will visit the Blue Mountains, a National Park just outside Sydney. Do some hiking together with one of the people I met on the New Zealand trip. I remembered she works at Ernst & Young in Sydney, who have a big highrise as their office in the city centre. So last week I just walked into the lobby and asked if she was in. Surprise!

Then on Monday: Singapore, my first step into Asia! If you remember one of my first posts was from Singapore airport, but this time the idea is for me to actually get into Singapore itself. i am told that the thing to do in Singapore is to shop and that in July the big mid-year sales are on. Cool. I sold half of my electronics to my former ni-Vanuatu colleagues, so could do with an opportunity to stock back up again. I could also do with an opportunity to get warm again. Because eventhough it has been dry and sunny after the first two rainy days, a cold wind has me wearing most of my clothes at the same time.

0.50 anklet
2.80 tea
6.00 lunch
4.20 Australia backpack patch
9.00 I love Sydney souvenir T-shirt

>>> as I write this post at approx. 15.00 it is likely that some chai lattes will be added to the bill before the day is over

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home