Toys
I guess it had to happen sooner or later. Early morning yesterday I woke up to find a big fat dead rat next to my pillow. Disgusting! But what can I say; my cat loves me and brings me presents... How cute:

It is just her luck to live in a place where there is an enormous selection of natural toys. Lucky for me too I'm not too squeamish about household vermin, dead or alive. Growing up she has progressed from playing with small 1 inch cockroaches to big spiders, gekkos, mice and, just recently, full sized rats. You can imagine how my mother heart swelled with pride yesterday at 4 am - not. Her growing up has brought a whole spectrum of new delights for me. From cleaning up dead gekkos of which the middle part is missing and the rest is covered in a gazillion ants, to waking up to the death-squeaks of mice being chased underneath my bed. Please do not imagine that I live in a house where mice and rats run amok, quite on the contrary. Thanks to Troel's vigilance and to her great disappointment there is very little vermin to be found in the house most of the time. Which is why she has had to venture outside to collect her means of entertainment. When caught she brings them it inside to chase them to exhaustion in the enclosed area that is my two bedroom bungalow. Isn't nature just wonderful? Not as fas as I am concerned. I could do with a little less nature going on in my house. For this is what my fly-screen looked like when Troel went into heat for the first (and last, as I had her spayed before Christmas) time. She litterally could not contain herself and just hád to go in search of a mate:

Thanks Troel. I since have installed a new fly-screen with a loose corner that doubles as cat-flap. Or rodent-flap as the case may be...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home